Today's episode is a recording of a presentation Robert gave on Becoming an Ideal Team Player at our recent new hire onboarding week.
The Ideal Team Player concept was developed by Patrick Lencioni and is critical to long-term career success. In this discussion, I show how exceptional teams change the world, how exceptional teams are made up of Ideal Team Players, and the behaviors required to become an effective Ideal Team Player. Finally, we cover some practical tips and tools that can help anyone level-up their team-centered behaviors.
We reference several materials in this discussion to help level-up your skillset, regardless of your career or experience level:
- You can find the presentation Slides from my talk here
- The Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencioni
- Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink
- Radical Candor by Kim Scott
- The Trust Equation from The Trusted Advisor by David Maister
- Manager Tools and Career Tools - free resources that provide practical career-centric advice for any situation "There's a cast for that"
- I also took live polls from the virtual audience to help increase engagement using PollEverywhere